Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pineapple Casserole

From Jenny Also Cooks
I am not sure how long I lived in the south before I was introduced to the wonders of pineapple casserole. A co-worker friend brought it to a party, or maybe to a work function, and I was pretty skeptical. Imagine cheddar cheese, pineapple, and ritz crackers in your mind, now mash them together, add sugar and butter, and bake it. Sound good? I know, not to me either. But this is one of my favorite dishes that was introduced to me since moving to the south.

From Jenny Also Cooks

There are a lot of similar recipes floating around out there for pineapple casserole, but I went with Paula Deen's version. All of them are probably the same result.

The question you should ask yourself, when you make this dish, because I hope you will, is - is this a side dish? Is it dessert? Is it better cold or hot?

No comments:

Post a Comment